Senior Consumer Engagement Manager
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Lead, develop and execute consumer engagement and ecommerce campaigns in collaboration with UMG owned merchandise company. The Sr Manager will be one of two key point people for all direct to consumer activities, including but not limited to, contributing to product ideation, pricing, store set up, customer list building, email marketing, store/product launch and ongoing marketing and analysis. This person will be the organizing force and leader in commercializing direct to consumer campaigns. This person must be skilled at managing and merchandising eCommerce stores and influencing and collaborating with all departments (creative, production, marketing, analytics), and will be responsible to organize, plan and collaborate with in the execution of marketing campaigns on a year round basis. He/she will be responsible for overseeing and managing multiple D2C stores and ensuring their success both during artist activity and special holidays but also in “off-cycle ”periods.
• Work with merchandise company to maximise the value of a distinct roster of eCommerce stores.
• Communicate daily with digital and marketing teams to drive visits and conversion rates of all Consumer Engagement disciplines.
• Develop, execute and manage D2C product offerings and marketing plans/budgets including planning and ROI analysis.
• Assist labels/artists/managers with ad agency partners to optimize media buys around D2C campaigns and off-cycle promotional initiatives.
• Plan and oversee a consistent email strategy across all artists and stores
• Ensure approvals from all internal and external parties on design, pricing, manufacturing deliverables and collaboration with D2C ops team on set up.
• Monitor and respond to all analytics across all programs.
• Monitor monthly revenue and acquisition results against targets and optimise programs to ensure goals are met.
• Coordinate with analytics team to provide timely reporting and insights regarding sales (historical and current), product offerings, trends, fan demographics, etc.
• Audit programs and stores to ensure each is contributing to revenue, profitability and growth targets.
• Strong ability to collaborate and serve needs of labels and artists, while maintaining a clear vision of what will drive results in an extremely fast paced environment
• Effective listener
• Creative product development with financial responsibility
• Pro-active self-starter able to set and accomplish label goals
• Expert project management skills
• Solid understanding of analytics and data analysis
• Understanding of music/entertainment industry
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Excellent presentation skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• eCommerce experience strongly preferred
• Graphics ability and advantage
• 3 years successful working experience in eCommerce, eCRM or related fields
• Experience in or exposure to the music or entertainment industries
• College degree level strongly preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.