Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support the royalty accounting close cycle. The ideal candidate has broad frontline general ledger and royalty accounting experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Preparing monthly journal entries using SAP
• Creating and maintaining detailed supporting schedules
• Coordinating with other internal departments to research and resolve royalty accounting issues and inquiries
• Providing guidance to Artist and Copyright departments with journal entry preparation and artist account analysis
• Preparing quarterly/monthly artist studies and analyzing quarterly activity
• Coordinating with label finance to stay current on royalty related activity
• Supporting various special projects and process improvement initiatives
• Advanced Excel skills with extensive knowledge of excel formulas
• Familiarity with GAAP
• Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent oral and communication skills required
• Excellent analytical skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work successfully within the time constrains and deadlines
• Macro experience a plus
• Minimum 3 years of general ledger accounting experience
• SAP and HFM experience preferred
• TRACS (UMG Royalty Syste m) experience a plus
• Music or entertainment industry experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.