Royalty Audit Specialist
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Audit Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for various aspects of the audit process, as well as assisting the audit team in preparing responses and preparing for settlement negotiations.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
• Responsible for organizing and gathering documents requested by external auditors for their on-site fieldwork.
• Responsible for managing multiple fieldwork requests.
• Evaluate contractual validity of audit claims presenting multiple perspectives on an issue, when applicable.
• Review audit claims to confirm auditor’s calculations and recalculating claims when necessary.
• Draft responses to audit claims.
• Prepare for settlement negotiations.
• Maintain audit files.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Access a plus.
• Experience with recording contracts and royalty accounting a plus.
• Four-year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.