Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Royalty Assistant , Caroline (Part Time)
Responsible to: Finance Director, Caroline
Department: Finance, Caroline.
Location of work: Ladbroke Grove
Main purpose of the role
To take responsibility for:
• Preparation of monthly statements to artists and labels.
• Payments to artists and labels.
• Responding to queries relating to statements.
• Extracting sales data and loading into the royalty system .
• Setting up artist contracts in the royalty system.
• Recharging all relevant costs back to artists and labels.
• Ensuring statements are accurate, and making payments when due.
• Review of statements with internal teams.
• Ideally have e xperience of working in a Publishing Company or Record Company within a Royalties or Finance role .
• A knowledge & understanding of Royalties .
• K nowledge of Microsoft office packages (excel and Word) .
• A ttention to detail .
• Good general Business knowledge .
• Bright and enthusiastic with a positive outlook .
• Good communicator, problem solver, autonomous worker .
• Previous experience of dealing with Royalty distributions and royalty systems (Ideally SR1) .
• Customer service orientated.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.