Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
UMG is looking to fill the position of Royalty Analyst. In this role, you will be assisting our International Royalty Department in preparing and analyzing royalty statements to ensure that they are being reported accurately.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to learn and grow in the business of music.
• Prepare and analyze Revenue & Expense reports
• Upload entries into SAP
• Create Royalty Reports for processing quarterly sales
• Build custom Excel macros
• Create and maintain Royalty Rates in TRACS system
• Assist manager with Audit & Litigation research
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Must be very well organized and detail oriented
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize
• Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written
• Preferably 2 years of experience in Royalty accounting
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• SAP FI/CO & BI knowledge preferred
• Familiar with TRACS & Foreign Licensee Statements a plus
• Familiarity with royalty contracts and royalty calculations
• Music Industry knowledge a plus
• 4-year college degree preferably in Music Business, Accounting or minimum of 14 units of Accounting preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.