Universal Music GroupBeijing, BJ
Full Time Job
The world’s leading music entertainment company is seeking a Royalties Manager to join our team in China. This role is to ensure the stability, integrity and efficiency of the royalties department by providing accurate calculation of the royalties/copyrights, submitting royalty statements to the labels, artist managers and publishers, meeting contract deadlines, ensure that payments are done on time, keeping the royalties financial accounts updated and contributing to royalty systems improvements with IT team.
If you fit the criteria below and would like to add value in an interesting and evolving company, please apply today!
• Ensure calculations, validations, journal entries, payments and provision for royalties and copyrights (domestic and international repertoire) are posted in the accounting system and are reconciled on a monthly and quarterly basis as required.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly royalties reports
• Work closely with IT in order to development/implement applications for the royalties department.
• Provide the analysis over the royalties’ financial accounts
• Submitting the royalty statements to the labels, artist, managers and publishers meeting the contract deadlines and ensure that the payments are done on time
• Keep control of advances paid to artists/ producers and offset against royalties generated from sales.
• Attend meeting with artist managers, artists, publishers and labels
• Overseeing the master file input in the royalties system
• Participation and support in meetings and strategic agreements
• 8 years working in Royalties
• 3-5 years in supervisor/manager role
• Must have an understanding of the Music industry, with Record label or publishing background beneficial
• Have a passion for Music!
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today! Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siri Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun.
Universal’s Global roster includes Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.