Royalties Administrator - Capitol Christian Music Group
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
The Royalties Administrator role exists to ensure accurate and timely processing of inbound publishing license income.
• Receive publishing license income generated from external uses of CCMG copyrights, including domestic and foreign uses as well as those from global territories within the UMG network
• Process all publishing license income, on a manual and upload basis, while verifying accuracy and timely reporting to our songwriters and publishing partners
• Review and book all incoming receipts, including checks, wires, and inter-company transfers, as well as bank deposit preparation
• Research unmatched receipts and verify statement data accuracy with our internal systems
• Maintain cross-reference database of royalty-bearing copyrights
• Maintain deposit logs of received income to facilitate the tracking and budgeting of future receipts
• Prepare journal entries for transactions affecting the assigned general ledger accounts, including routine month-end entries
• Assist in research and analysis for royalty audits, as needed
• Assist with the preparation of quarterly outbound royalty statement mailings
• Maintain strong working inter-divisional relationships with members of the Accounting, Publishing, and International departments, as well as 3rd party royalty sources.
• SOX Internal Controls & Compliance testing
• Other Duties as assigned
• Solid knowledge of basic accounting and cash application principles
• Strong organizational skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Intermediate Excel skills and a basic understanding of Access preferred
• Professional communication skills
• Ability to manage many ongoing tasks at a time
Education & Experience:
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• 4 year Finance Accounting degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.