Print Music Editor
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
This role maximizes sales, engagement, and overall effectiveness of Capitol CMG artist and label brands by providing ongoing digital marketing support to connect our artists to consumers in meaningful ways.
• Edit and/or facilitate editing of print music products.
• Engrave print music products and/or manage 3rd party engravers.
• Coordinate 3rd party transcribers for piano transcriptions and vocals as needed.
• Oversee print product creation and delivery:
• proof and review product
• send final print master to manufacturer
• approve print samples
• approve final print product
• Manage editing of orchestrations and/or manage outside editor, overseeing approval of edited scores and preparing files for master CD duplication.
• Create downloadable digital print products and preview files.
• Serve as key member of the Church Resources creative team.
• Maintain files and archives of print product.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Proficient working with Finale music software
• Good knowledge of music theory
• Good knowledge of music from a creative and performance standpoint
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
• Good written communication skills
• Strong relational skills
• Needs to be proactive, organized and problem solution oriented, demonstrating good decision-making skills while thinking quickly when all facts are not known.
• Regularly required to sit
• Requires motor skills to operate a keyboard and basic office equipment
• Occasionally required to stand and walk
• Ability to communicate over the phone and in person
• Occasionally required to lift up to 25lbs
• Experience working with choir print products, church choirs and orchestras
• Experience in arranging, orchestrating and transcribing preferred
• College degree in music performance or education or relevant experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.