Universal Music GroupKuala Lumpur, KL
Full Time Job
Are you the first to know about new and trending artists? Do you spend more time than you’d like to admit perfecting your collection of playlists?
Universal Music Malaysia have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to manage the exposure of local, regional and international artists across media and streaming platforms. This involves engaging key partners from radio, print and online media, as well as digital streaming platforms such as Spotify and Apple, to service them with our artists and their content.
The successful candidate will be crazy about music. Not just the artists themselves, but also the industry, how it has evolved over time and how we connect with fans in this digital world. You will have a background in marketing and excellent coordination/project skills.
What you’ll do:
• Represent artists, releases, albums, tracks and news to media and streaming partners. Develop and maintain excellent relationships with media and streaming partners to achieve maximum exposure for UMG artists.
• Work closely with regional team to understand priorities and objectives.
• Pitch tracks to streaming partners and create and update playlists across all platforms.
• Plan and execute campaigns to drive and grow streams, playlist followers and market share. Monitor campaign effectiveness through data and insights.
• Ensure media coverage of key priorities and respond to media requests for promotional assets/content.
• Organise and coordinate media interviews between artists, artists management and media.
• Collaborate with business groups; marketing, promotions, A&R, Labels, Management, Sales, Digital, Promotions, Bravado, Business Development, D2C to ensure project delivery and achievement of marketing and financial KPI’s.
• Monitor market behaviour to understand trends and drive results across streaming and media.
• Taking meetings for minutes and other administrative tasks as required.
Who you are:
• Relevant qualifications and 1-2 years of experience in Marketing or other relevant field.
• Understands and is a user of music streaming platforms.
• Knowledge of the media landscape in Malaysia.
• Excellent communication skills and able to build strong relationships internally and externally.
• Experience in reporting and analysing data to draw insights.
• Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Strong computer skills and technology savvy.
• LOVE, LIVE and BREATHE music! Familiar with artists and labels signed to UMG.
If the above sounds like you please follow the link to submit your application today. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Us -
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siti Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun.
Universal’s Global roster includes Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.