Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Manager to assist our VP, Creative Licensing.
The duties assigned to the Creative Licensing Manager will include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for pitching Interscope, Geffen and A&M’s songs, artists, frontline priorities and catalogue to clients for TV shows and Promos.
• Responsible for proactively seeking opportunities and responding to briefs with networks, studios and independent supervisors.
• Responsible for keeping track of all proactive pitches, working closely with publishers and the UME team to ensure clearance is properly facilitated and to assist the Creative Licensing department in the marketing of all releases.
• Manage and foster strong client relationships with TV networks, Music Supervisors, Trailer Houses, Games Companies, freelance producer, and directors.
• Liaise with clients and artists to deliver bespoke musical compositions or theatrical remixes for trailer campaigns.
• Attend label meetings, individual artist planning meetings and providing ad-hoc sync reports for the marketing teams.
• Liaise with Marketing, A&R and artist management to ensure the Creative Licensing team has the most up to date assets for all label artists.
• Set-up pitch meetings with clients to obtain new briefs.
• Market and ‘selling’ the label roster via email and social media.
• Liaise with Product Managers in order to deliver music to clients at the earliest possible stage.
• Quickly develop knowledge of the frontline roster and catalogue; understand individual Artists willingness and priorities related to synch licensing opportunities.
• Manage and distribute artist show calendar to list of relevant supervisors, agencies and contacts to ensure strongest possible attendance; attend Interscope artist shows with clients.
• Generate ideas for and organize label artist showcases or multi-artist events to help grow and develop Interscope’s synch business.
• Detail oriented, resourceful, motivated, self-starter and flexible to changing priorities.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through
• Deep knowledge of the Interscope roster music and interest in Film and TV
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong communicator with excellent people skills.
• 3 years of experience in creative licensing within the music or sync related industry
• Established relationships with TV networks, studios and independent music supervisors
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.