Manager, Data Insights
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Def Jam Recordings, a division of Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Data Insights Manager to run complex analysis on Def Jam artist's consumption trends and social data, as well as other data sources, to support the artist campaign, commerce and marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will deliver in-depth analysis, campaign recommendations and trend information to EVP of marketing and commerce and respective teams.
• Perform analyses on large sets of commercial data to extract actionable insights to support the artist insight projects
• Work closely with the Commerce & Marketing team, managing workflow in a cohesive manner. Keep up to date with the data analysis initiatives developed across the business
• Identify opportunities to develop analysis, providing pro-active suggestions and innovating on an ongoing basis
• Interface with digital marketing team to develop on social media statistics and ad analysis communicate with DSPs on delivery of assets and products
• Deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense
• Technical competence to perform advanced analytics:
• Database analytics and data extraction (SQL)
• Data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Domo)
• Experience performing analysis with large datasets
• Capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
• Statistical modeling, segmentation building would be a plus
• Ability to explain complex topics in simple terms. Can translate numerical findings into recommendations
• Team worker, can-do approach
• Passion for music is essential
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is the rule
• 2 years of experience in a data analysis role
• Degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.