Manager, Customer Activation & Retention
Universal Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 6/16/2021 1:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Customer Activation & Retention jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Manager, Customer Activation & Retention postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Customer Activation & Retention?
Full Time Job
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Manager, Customer Activation & Retention to join our eCommerce group, sitting on a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting UMG Nashville’s eCommerce stores. This role will drive eCommerce customer activation & retention programs across the roster, using data & machine learning capabilities to optimize our eCommerce storefronts and campaigns. The Manager will collaborate with stakeholders across the label and artist teams, as well as partners across UMG (Global Consumer Marketing, IT, etc.) to elevate UMG’s eCommerce experiences for our labels & rights owners, artists, and—most importantly—their fans.
Candidates must have experience in driving eCommerce growth, with expertise in eCommerce and the customer journey across channels. They must be the organizing force and leader in driving customer activation & retention for the UMG Nashville eCommerce team.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Lead eCommerce customer activation & retention initiatives to drive customer engagement across UMG Nashville’s eCommerce stores.
• Work collaboratively with central and label marketing teams to develop and activate eCommerce customer activation & retention SOPs across disciplines, including paid, CRM, SEO/SEM, social & influencer, affiliate, loyalty & rewards, and promotions.
• Develop comprehensive, targeted customer messaging plans across channels, including customer service messaging, bespoke to the artist or store brand.
• Use data-driven insights to optimize storefront experiences and campaign performance against commercial and audience development goals on an ongoing basis.
• Work with the analytics team and key stakeholders to manage and deliver campaign reporting to the label and artist teams.
• Apply machine learning and advanced analytics capabilities to UMG Nashville’s standard practices for eCommerce customer activation & retention.
• Manage the use of non-commercial content (e.g. editorial, video content) on UMG Nashville’s eCommerce stores to drive customer activation & retention initiatives.
• Maintain a deep understanding of our customer segments and trends, developing targeted customer journeys that deepen the fan-to-artist connection and increase customer lifetime value.
• Partner with front-line customer experience/customer service teams to ensure the fan is at the center of everything we do.
• Research and formulate ways to optimize the user experience (landing pages, customer journeys, streamlined purchase funnel, etc.).
• Oversee day-to-day operations and planning across UMG Nashville’s eCommerce customer activation & retention functions.
• Work hand in hand with teammates across creative planning, store management, and operations to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and UMG Nashville’s artists.
Bring your VIBE:
• 3-5 years working in eCommerce marketing or related fields, with experience managing customer activation & retention campaigns from ideation to execution.
• Deep understanding of eCommerce trends and customer behavior.
• Rich understanding of music fandom and the fan experience, specific to different artists and genres, particularly within the UMG Nashville roster.
• Exceptional communication skills. Must be extremely effective at clearly communicating eCommerce customer activation & retention concepts to diverse audiences ranging from artists to label executives.
• Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside for the good of the team and our artists and labels.
• Must have a service mindset; experience in client or central services is a major plus
• Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail; must be extremely detail-oriented.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
• Experience in the entertainment industry preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
• Experience with Shopify is a plus.
• Basic Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish