Manager, Brand Partnerships - Global
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Manager, Brand Partnerships - Global
Responsible to: Vice President, Brand Partnerships - Global
Department: Universal Music Group & Brands, UMG
Location of work: Kensington Village (initially - moving to Kings Cross Summer, 2018)
Main purpose of role
We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. The company is fully owned by the Vivendi group.
Universal Music has been one of the first record companies to enter the digital space (mobile, internet, TV, social media) as well as to provide tailor-made, innovative and business effective entertainment consumer solutions and marketing packages for brands, with dedicated international and local UMG & Brand teams.
We are currently looking for a Brand Partnership Manager to join our UMGB (Universal Music Group & Brands) central team, based in London. This position will primarily focus on business development via solution-oriented, strategic sales, creative concepting, and project management of music marketing engagements for brand clients at a global level. A passionate, business-centric and music-driven profile is a must.
Working closely with the Vice President within the central UMG&B structure, the role will include the following responsibilities:
• Global and multi-territory pipeline development: support Vice President in working on global leads and active briefs. Lead the UMGB response, build compelling brand marketing packages, business models, proposals, presentations and prepare pitch teams for negotiations and project initiation
• Personal Pipeline Development: via desktop research and personal networks, build a pipeline of potential brand partners and useful contacts and own their development through the opportunity qualification process
• Delivery Ownership: where appropriate, become the account person, or support local delivery teams with international project management on a project by project basis.
• Support the VP of New Business in developing a POV on the changing marketing/ branding/ media landscape
• Central strategic initiatives: Support Vice President and Global Head of New Business on ad-hoc strategic initiatives. To include research, strategic analysis and development of clear and structured recommendations for board level presentations.
• Suggest clear rationale/s for how we can evolve our brand partnership offering. To which brands can we take what music marketing services and via which routes to market?
• Become a go-to knowledge base within the team for brand/ agency excellence in the marketplace, recognising the ground-breaking campaigns that get the industry talking
• Own end to end process of responding to client briefs and leveraging different skillsets in the wider team (e.g. Insight, Creative, Commercial) to win business
• Become a subject matter expert in Strategic Planning and how it can be deployed in our evolving work with brands globally. Work closely with Data Science, Insight and Account Management teams to build this capability and skill set.
• Build knowledge of UMGB best practices and ensure these are effectively leveraged in our conversations with brands.
Key Performance Metrics
• Client Billings: Incremental revenue generated for the group, via directly supporting client pitches and indirectly supporting local markets in theirs.
• Client Relationships: Becoming a respected and trusted partner of key brand clients driving upselling opportunities and repeat business.
To succeed in this role you will need a ‘T-Shaped’ skillset, with the ability to navigate a wide range of different disciplines whilst retaining the focus required to complete extremely detailed tasks and projects. Key requirements for the role are:
• Strong passion for music and music culture
• Recognized experience in a Brand/Agency Marketing / Business Development environment (or equivalent)
• You will have a strong interest in and knowledge of digital and entertainment industries
• You will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a proactive approach
• You will have strong project management and analytical skills
• You will be a team player with the ability to motivate colleagues and work with different personalities
• Ability to work to short time frames/deadlines and to work closely with senior management
• Excellent business acumen, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent MS office skills, especially PowerPoint
• Ability to work autonomously and with minimal direction
• Ability to manage pressure/stress effectively
• Desire and ability to work within an international environment
• Network of brand and agency contacts
• MBA or Strategy consulting experience
• Second language (French particularly useful)
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement