Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking an Accounting Manager within the Central Accounting Services (CAS) division to support the Central Operations Finance Team. This position will support the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process of UMG’s Central Operations merchandising operations. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of combined frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience, must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including:
• Primary responsibility for managing the monthly financial close & reporting processes of Central Operations:
• Manage BPO staff in Mumbai to ensure deliverables & work quality is consistent with agreed upon SLA’s (service level agreements)
• Review and/or prepare monthly accruals & allocations
• Review all GL activities for proper accounting
• Review & approve journal entries & analysis prepared by BPO staff in Mumbai; including balance sheet reconciliations
• Prepare management financial packages, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
• Review corporate reporting submitted to the global consolidation system Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
• Coordinate and manage the intercompany process among the UMG foreign territories
• Provide support to Central Operations finance team as necessary to assist in the quarterly forecasts and annual plan process
• Liaise with internal & external auditors and prepare audit schedules as required
• Support special projects, process improvement initiatives & annual SOX testing
• Strong Excel & Word skills required; Access experience a plus
• Experience with HFM
• Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
• Intercompany and Foreign Exchange experience a plus
• Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to travel to India 1-2 times per year
• Intercompany/subsidiaries and foreign subsididaries experience preferred
• 5 to 7 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting a must, CPA or MBA preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.