Universal Music GroupBeijing, BJ
Full Time Job
The world’s leading music entertainment company is seeking a Legal Director to join our team in China. This is a senior in-house legal counsel position, where you will guide and advise management and business teams in relation to a wide scope of matters. If you fit the criteria below and would like to add value in an interesting and evolving company, please apply today!
• Provide legal advice and support to management and business teams, maintaining effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Manage legal process and litigation, working with external Lawyers on cases as required.
• Analyse and identify legal risks and implications, protect and enforce Company’s rights and interests.
• Draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and transactional documentations relating to various business activities.
• Obtain copyright certifications with publishing companies for audio and video works.
• Liaise and manage relationships with external parties such as legal counsel, public authority, etc.
• Maintain current knowledge of legislations, keep management updated regarding changes, new laws and regulations that may have implications to the Company.
• Qualified lawyer in China with at least 8-10 years of post-qualification experience gained in private practice and/or in-house.
• Previous experience working in a legal counsel for an international company is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of commercial law, especially PRC entertainment and media related laws and regulations. Experience with Publishing and Copyright is preferred.
• Great communication skills and ability to build effective relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Chinese.
• Advanced project management skills, problem solving ability, highly analytical and organized.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today! Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siri Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun.
Universal’s Global roster includes Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.