Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Legal Analyst in Royalty and Copyright Business Affairs. The Legal Analyst will be responsible for contract interpretation, analysis and briefing; and acting as a liaison between label Business Affairs departments and the Royalties department. The position requires experience and skill in, among other things, analysing legal documents and providing practical legal and business advice.
• Provide interpretation of terms and conditions of contractual royalty obligations
• Complete royalty-centered briefs based on legal documents to ensure compliance
• Input of royalty ra tes and terms from briefs into r oyalties translation system
• Research and answer issues that arise from both Label Business A ffairs and R oyalties department
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Must be able to prioritize work
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in fast paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• JD – preferred
• BA/BS degree, JD degree, or similar experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.