Lead Software Developer
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
The Lead Software Developer will design / test / deploy and support new business software applications. Review, repair, and enhance current legacy applications. Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for other programmers. Stay current on latest software development tools and trends and research and recommend the best tools and practices for new projects and project revisions. Mentor and assist other programmers in becoming proficient with the latest software development tools. Support and communicate with the user community in a courteous and ethical manner.
• Learn, study and maintain the overall structure of corporate business systems and the business units they support.
• Understand in depth the software applications assigned, take “ownership” of these applications, and investigate and resolve problems as they arise.
• Identify the ramifications of any proposed software modifications under consideration.
• Follow through on all aspects of software creation including –
• Creating structured logic which conforms to standards and best practices.
• Identifying ancillary issues to be resolved in the existing environment.
• Thorough testing to ensure the installation of error-free code.
• Providing clear, concise user training and support as required.
• Research and stay up to date on new and breaking software technologies and collaborate with other team members to help decipher and identify new relevant technologies.
• Help to identify which tech stacks “best fit” current projects and business needs.
• 3-5 years of experience.
• Advanced skill in front-end client technologies (Angular, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, Webpack, Typescript, etc).
• Experience with.Net Core, Entity Framework Core, C#, MVC, Web API, RESTful services.
• Highly proficient in writing database queries, stored procedures, triggers, and functions using Microsoft SQL server.
• Strong communication skills.
• Personable and team oriented.
• Curiosity and desire to learn new technologies and concepts.
• Experience working with container technologies such as Docker.
• Experience working with AWS or Azure.
• SharePoint experienced.
• Experience in object-oriented design and programming and web based technologies.
• B.S. in computer science preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.