Label Marketing Rep
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Label Marketing Representative to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels. This person has a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. The Label Marketing Representative will work with the marketing team at each label, supporting teams (such as programmers), and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget.
The Label Marketing Representative is also responsible for promoting UMG artists and driving creative, marketing strategies within their region. As a residential rep, the LMR is well-versed in the on-goings of their territory. They are accountable for developing artists in multiple cities by seeking out opportunities in various local scenes. The LMR interacts with the artists and their managers directly, as well as maintains relationships with record label staff, independent retailers, tastemakers, lifestyle accounts, and regional brand partnerships. They attend multiple events each week, whether it is a showcase, show, or in-store event. The LMR is in charge of promoting and/or creating these events by ways of online (social media, websites) and offline (lifestyle, retail, non-trad) outlets. The LMR is on the front lines of the music industry and is expected to be our eyes and ears out there in the real world.
• Planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising
• Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
• Create and execute digital marketing and advertising planners and promotions for developing and established artists
• Generate consumer/retail awareness and enthusiasm for our releases.
• Seek and create opportunities that bridge various lifestyle and retail outlets.
• Conduct meetings with outside companies/brands to maintain ongoing relationships and future cross-promotion and marketing strategies
• Develop and maintain relationships with tastemakers and key personnel at all outlets (online, retail & lifestyle accounts) to effectively market our label’s artists to create maximum exposure and sales.
• Provide critical marketing information to Universal and label staff on local feedback.
• Provide all UMG departments as well as tastemakers, websites, retail and lifestyle communities with the latest artist information, including releases, tours, sales and radio stats, press, social networking buzz, artist ticket availability, etc.
• Effectively recap and communicate sales and marketing efforts for UMG and our labels
• To be a tastemaker themselves by developing a Social Media presence and following.
• To be out there in the real world representing our artists and labels
• Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
• Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
• Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
• Self-Starter, motivated to work on your own without direct supervision
• Strong event planning ability
• Social Media education
• Proven working experience in digital marketing
• Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Advanced knowledge of mobile, digital and app technology
• Ability to travel independently
• Ability to work late hours
• Ability to troubleshoot and provide feedback to our Label partners involving social networking , mobile, retail, lifestyle and non-traditional marketing campaigns and sales promotions
• Knowledge of online social networking including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.
• Knowledge of music consumer behavior online
• Knowledge of music websites & blogs
• Minimum 4 years of college with a completed degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.