Junior Research Analyst
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Junior R esearch Analyst
Responsible to: Senior Director , Global Rights and Society Relations
Department: Global Rights & Society Relations
Location of work: St Pancras / King’s Cross
Main Purpose of Role:
Universal Music Group is looking for a highly motivated person to work as part of the Global Rights & Society Relations team focusing on neighbo u ring rights.
This role will support efforts to manage all day-to-day matters related to areas such as recorded music asset registration, duplicate claims/dispute resolution, revenue tracking and suspense management for the UMG companies across the world in all their interactions with the neighbo u ring rights societies so the ability to work as a team-player with others across the global business will be essential.
This person will work on the administration of UMG’s new Neighbouring Rights Service for Artists which will involv e the registration of their repertoire at the neighbouring rights societies, preparation of royalty statements and tracking of revenue.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new team with a focus on neighbo u ring rights and a commitment to deliver excellent standards of service for all UMG’s Labels and Artists. It is essential that the individual has an interest in being part of a developing department with a constructive approach to change – this is a challenging role which offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing part of our business.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• P erform accurate and timely research of UMG’s rights & repertoire systems to ensure all necessary repertoire related data is entered accurately and comprehensively to drive successful down-stream asset registration at the neighbouring rights societies.
• R esearch UMG’s asset registrations at the neighbouring rights societies to establish the accuracy and completeness of asset registration and to identify missing repertoire to be registered.
• P erform those functions, such as recorded music asset registration, where local society rules require manual work to complete the registrations .
• Ch eck and register Artist repertoire at the Neighbouring Rights societies across the world .
• P rovide research and analysis to support business queries across a range of topics to service a variety of business needs and customers. This will require mining of business data including revenues, sales, radio, TV and digital usage.
• A ssist the team in preparing for society visits and interactions through the identification, extraction, analysis and presentation of key society and company data.
• Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required in response to changing business requirements.
Person Specification :
Job specific skills:
• E xcellent skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, and very comfortable at learning customised systems .
• F ast and accurate data entry with attention to detail and understanding of how that data affects the value-chain .
• A bility or capable of learning quickly how to perform research and analysis of issues to provide useful information and insight .
• A bility to make complex numerical calculations and to manipulate and clearly present data in excel, Powerpoint and other desk-top solutions .
• E xp erience in the music industry helpful but not required but must have a willingness to learn the intricacies of the business, its data and processes.
• M otivated by resolving issues and ability to calmly and effectively manage these through to successful resolution in a timely manner.
Time & work management :
• W orks towards team/department/company objectives and takes pride in meeting targets and satisfying internal and external customers .
• M anages self and follows through on tasks and to do lists so that deadlines consistently met in the most efficient and effective way .
• P rides oneself on accurate data entry, rigorous research, effective problem-solving and steady, focused effort .
• S ets priorities and plans workload efficiently. Consults manager and colleagues where appropriate to solve problems and complete tasks and projects to deadlines .
Teamwork & collaboration :
• S upports, co-operates and collaborates with others across the Organization .
• O pen-minded, flexible and cooperative with the needs and priorities of the team so that customer needs are met consistently .
• R esponds appropriately to direction regarding key performance indicators and service level
A greements .
• F luent in English .
• A bility to communicate clearly in a courteous and professional manner with customers and colleagues .
• A bility to escalate issues appropriately in a timely and professional manner .
Initiative & moti v ation :
• F lexible, enthusiastic and effective approach to implementing tasks, taking on new work and assignments, developing new skills and servicing customers .
• P repared and motivated to be part of an evolving business environment with an interest in improving customer service and developing the role, processes and procedures .
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.