Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
We are currently seeking an entry level/junior designer. This candidate would bring design creative expertise to projects across the roster.
Particular skill set in more urban-leaning visuals.
• Support the creative dept in graphic design needs
• Design various marketing materials (posters, flyers, invites, singles, etc.)
• Hit tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
• Manage retouching process and retouching budgets
• Handle smaller assignments in the department to free up senior team members
• Turn around projects on a tight deadline
• Solid design skills and basic expertise in Mac design programs
• Interest in photography, graphic design, fashion, music, pop culture and have a high taste level
• Exceptional eye for details
• Amazing communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build positive relationships with others and take direction when need be
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well with others
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office; and familiarity with Lightroom and Capture One
• Minimum 2 year of print production design or graphic design experience (design portfolio required)
• Considered a plus but not required: being connected within the creative industry (photographers, glam, graphic designers, re-touch artist)
• Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.