Universal Music GroupFulham, UK
Full Time Job
IPTION Position title: Junior Designer – International (Fixed Term 6 Month Contract)
Department: Production Music - U niversal Music Publishing Group
Reporting to: International Design Manager
Location of role: F ulham Broadway (Kings Cross November 2018)
Main Purpose of Role:
The main aspect of this role is to support the International Design Manager with the design of Universal Production Music album art; digital and multimedia content; printed materials and brand assets for the International Marketing Team (IMT).
This position will support the team's overall goal of providing a stronger design and marketing service across all international territories.
The role of International Design Junior is a great opportunity for someone looking to launch their career in design and marketing with in a globally recognized music brand.
• Support and collaborate with the International Design Manager and where necessary; producers; label managers; label partners and composers on the design of album artwork and album campaigns to ensure each release is on brand and completed to schedule.
• Support the IMT with the design of print and digital assets for various events throughout the year e.g. Cannes Lions, Promax, MIPCom including the design of invites, display banners, event stands, promotional items and presentations.
• Liaise with I nternational territories on various design projects and requests to ensure brand guidelines are adhered to.
• Support the International Design Manager with the design of label branding and identity assets such as logos, label launch digtal content and other associated digital graphics for all territories.
• Assist in recording key events and projects through stills photography and video.
• Assist the International Design Manager and IMT in the creation of campaign videos, gif animations and after effects content.
• Support and collaborate with the International Design Manager and the Int ernational Marketing Executive on all online marketing activities – e.g. digital content, social media content including Twitter, Facebook, and other relevant online properties.
• Support the International Marketing team with the design of online and printed brand advertising.
• Collaborate with the IMT to devise innovative concepts that will promote the brand at a global level.
• Assist the IMT, with design for emails (HTML) marketing.
• Co-ordinate monthly catch up with UK production and International teams to review design tasks for the coming months.
• Help with ad hoc administ rative tasks such as invoicing , project management tool updates.
• Assist the International Marketing team as needed.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Graphic Design or Visual Communication.
• Graphic design proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects).
• A strong knowledge of current design, typographic .
• Advanced knowledge of HTML5 and CSS.
• Experience in photography, filming and video editing.
• Experience with present-day social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
• Strong project management skills with the ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Professional attitude and strong desire to learn.
• Willing to be part of our team and come up with great new ideas to help the business.
• Broad musical knowledge base & interest.
• Creative individual with a thirst for knowledge.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Our team is composed of long-time creative and experienced design and marketers and we'll be happy to walk side-by-side with you to ensure this is a fruitf ul learning experience for you.
• You will gain experience working with a global company.
• Self-initiated special projects are welcome and encouraged with approval.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.