Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
As a part of the Research, Reporting & Analytics Group at Interscope Records, this person will work with the team to provide detailed analysis with a focus on artist consumption, release, account, consumer and revenue strategies.
The analyst will need to be a proven self-starter, solutions based creative thinker with a hunger to constantly learn and evolve strategies associated with the company’s artists and commercial partners.
The analyst will be required to dive deep into performance across streaming platforms with a requirement to make recommendations based on compelling analyses, insights and big data queries. These recommendations will be used by management and senior executive team to make informed business decisions.
The ideal candidate should be well-versed in data analysis. Candidates should have advanced skills in Excel, and experience with SQL, Tableau, DOMO, or other data manipulation / visualization platforms.
• Deliver data-driven solutions and recommendations to executives and necessary parties that incorporate rigorous research and analysis
• Develop dynamic / automated models to help key stakeholders with business decisions
• Create SQL scripts in order to extract necessary data from files that could be greater than 100 TB in size within Google BigQueryor other SQL platforms, and build visualizations in Tableau, DOMO, and Google DataStudio and various other visualization tools to present findings in a visually compelling way
• Identify user/partner/ track/album/market trends
• Present overall findings to executives throughout the company in a clear and concise manner
• Research & build customized reports based on financial and marketing data.
• Analyze Brand Partnership & Advertising initiatives with data organization and analysis
• Build, develop and maintain various partner, consumer behavior, and consumption trend projects with ongoing summaries and recommendations to constantly evolve the company.
• Monitor and understand key performance indicators relating to our streaming partner’s consumer behavior and consumption trends to integrate into data analysis.
• Help develop and review methodology for cross-departmental reporting tools.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Passion and curiosity for music and the data that is used within the industry, preferably with an-depth knowledge of current music industry trends including key account, consumption pattern shifts, and the impact/variety of social media.
• Ability to query our databases (using platforms such as BigQuery) accurately and efficiently using SQL
• Advanced level Excel skills, with the ability to develop dynamic models using named ranges / formulaic references
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and tools, along with the ability to use them effectively in analyses
• Ability to visualize data within Tableau, DOMO, or other data visualization platforms
• Adept in distilling large amounts of data into concise, actionable summaries.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented team player.
• Ability to present findings in a visually compelling and articulate manner.
• Self-sufficient with the confidence to independently pursue information.
• Ability to thrive in fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks at once and work to deadlines
• 2 – 3 years of work experience in data analysis, management consulting, entertainment industry analysis, or similar role. Music Industry preferred but not required.
• Experience working with analytical tools including, but not limited to Excel, VBA, Tableau, DOMO, BigQuery, Alteryx, etc.
• BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similarly quantitative degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.