Shed Creative Agency - Art Direction Intern
Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
Full Time Job
SHED CREATIVE AGENCY - ART DIRECTION
Calling all culture junkies. You want to pursue your passions professionally. You wake up every morning with a head full of f resh ideas . You’re i nnately curious . You love to challenge the status quo . You will change the world . Yo u’re the Spotify playlist guru at every party .
Come be a part of our creative collective and together we will make culture happen.
Who W e Are
Starting with a deep understanding of our audience and through an empathetic lens, we deliver authentic cultural experiences designed around people’s passions - shaping, sharing and fueling brand narratives by crafting the best ideas, finding the right social channels to share them on and finding the best publications to cover them.
Shed helps brands earn their way into the lives of consumers within the context of the attention economy in whatever form makes sense, driven by the idea not the media plan.
Rooted in strategic thinking, our work ranges from advertising to branded content, digital solutions, design, social media, experiential platforms & activations always breaking boundaries to create what matters.
This young entrepreneurial boutique agency works with top-tier brands and some of the most progressive clients in the industry.
What W e Offer
Shed Creativity Agency is proud to offer students the opportunity to gain hands on industry experience at Shed through our Unpaid Internship Program commencing Winter 2019 (January to April). This placement will provide interested students with the chance to work with and learn directly from advertising industry professionals.
• Work closely with Shed’s Art Director to ideate and generate campaign ideas
• Provide artistic direction and build files for advertising communications (Print, OOH, digital)
• Work closely with Strategy and Account teams to ensure work is on-brief and delivered in a timely manner
• Prepare presentations and present work at internal reviews
• Assists Art Directors with visual research and exploration.
• Develop design projects by interpreting existing concepts
• Must be enrolled in a post-secondary program that requires a placement
• Strong conceptual thinker
• Passionate about popular culture, emerging technologies, language and design trends
• Strong design sensibility and attention to detail
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Excellent research and analytics skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
If you are interested in an Internship at Shed Creative Agency, a division of Universal Music Canada and currently enrolled in a post-secondary program that requires a placement , please remember to include all of the following with your application:
• Cover letter and r esume indicating the internship you are interested in applying for
• Link to online portfolio of relevant work
• Days and hours of availability, along with the number of hours that must be completed.
• Documentation from the accredited institution outlining: internship requirements, workplace safety and accident insurance coverage and that credit or recognition will be earned for the internship with the accredited institution
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Universal Music Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.