Intern - Global Digital Marketing
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Job title: Global Digital Marketing Intern
Reporting to: Director, Digital Marketing Innovation
Department: Digital Marketing Innovation
Location of work: Kensington High Street
Main purpose of role
The Global Digital Marketing Innovation department are responsible for creating unconventional digital marketing models that allow consumers to engage with our content in new and exciting ways.
Develop new digital advertising techniques and new ways of collecting consumer data and monetising social media. Create tools to manage artists' digital presence that focuses on driving awareness and transactions. As well as establish new revenue streams such as helping 3rd party brands to get closer to consumers.
The global digital marketing intern's primary responsibility will be to support the marketing team to develop innovative marketing initiatives and digital tools that can be scaled across UMG territories, as well as global digital marketing artists campaigns.
• High proficiency in web technology
• Thorough in your understanding of social media and digital marketing platforms
• Design expertise in relevant graphics and video software
• Happy to use initiative with confidence, and suggest improvements in new media and digital marketing where appropriate
• Forward-thinker and motivated self-starter
• Relevant degree (computer science, web design, multimedia technology) or equivalent
• Passionate about the digital world, tech and innovation
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise projects and work to tight deadlines
• Knowledge of buying and creating Facebook Ads
• Open to learning new platforms and tasks
• Organised with excellent self-management skills (email, calendar, phone etc) and attention to detail
• Proficient with web development and web design including:
- Video editing on Adobe Premier Pro or equivalent software
- Graphic design on Adobe Photoshop
- Creation of content for the web via HTML, PHP & JS programming
- Knowledge and experience using social media platform
- Knowledge of the mobile digital landscape
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office applications
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Universal Music Job Description