Intern - Finance
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Job title: Central Finance Intern (Ju ne 201 9 Start)
Responsible to: Management Accountant
Department: Central Finance
Location of work : 4 Pancras Square
Main Purpose of Role
The Central finance department sits in UMO (Universal Music Operations) as a support centre to the wider company.
The jobholder provide s financial and administrative support to the Central Finance department, working across all areas (RTR, PTP, OTC, Treasury, Label Support and Group Consolidation teams).
• Treasury – Banking, raising cheques, posting cheques, posting credit card transactions, coordination of document exchange with the outsourced partners and banking correspondence.
• OTC/ PTP – General administrative duties (post, coordination of document exchange with the outsourced partners) plus ad hoc projects.
• IT support – working alongside Finance Systems Analyst to administer access requests to software and systems.
• Office management duties – General support to all team members including IT access administration , statione ry, meeting facilitator and concert ticket coordinator.
• Ideally this would suit someone currently stu dying a Finance related degree, looking to complete a University placement year , starting Ju ne 201 9 . Or someone who has equivalent work experience.
• Introductory knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Intermediate knowledge on Microsoft office Excel
• Strong communication skills
• Good organisation of self and others
• Proactive approach
• Excellent a ttention to detail
• Flexible attitude and approach
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and act ivities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Universal Music Job Description 1