Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
Full Time Job
DATE: Friday, October 5, 2018
POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Human Resources
As a vital member of the HR team, this opportunity is a challenging and varied role, suitable for a career minded individual with a drive for excellence and success. While Human Resources is the primary responsibility, Payroll support as well as Facilities Management and Office Services coordination round out responsibilities of the role.
• Maintain high quality HR standards in the delivery of internal HR services.
• Provide departmental administration including preparing correspondence, company communications, and filing.
• Maintain the HRMS (People@Work) system including data entry, report writing, and auditing regularly to ensure accuracy.
• Liaise with Finance on the timely processing of all payroll related documentation.
• Administer benefits and retirement savings plans including processing enrolments, system updates and answering questions regarding the plans.
• Support the roll out of various HR & Company programs/initiatives (i.e., engagement survey, career discussions, Lunch & Learns, Social Hour, Liner Notes)
• Coordinate recruitment & selection process including the posting of job opportunities, applicant screening, conducting phone screenings, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks and facilitating new hire orientations using an applicant tracking system.
• Coordinate the company Internship Program, including liaising with College/University placement coordinators.
• Responsible for onboarding of new employees and compliance with regulations, procedures and programs (i.e. systems access, benefits, payroll, AODA, H&S, etc.)
• Facilitate the Joint Health & Safety Committee quarterly meetings (i.e. prepare agenda, record meeting minutes, and conduct workplace inspections)
• Administer a variety of internal programs including Achievement Awards, Tuition Reimbursement, Fitness Reimbursement, 3rd party Discount Offers, Take our Kids to Work Day, Flu Clinic, etc.
• Process, code and reconcile orders and invoices via company purchasing portal.
• Maintain training and development library, and keep current directories of continuing education programs and seminars.
• Contribute to and support continuous improvements & best practices to influence HR strategies.
• Stay current with changes in legislation, benefit plan updates, internal processes, policies and procedures.
• Participate on the Social Committee.
• Back up to Reception/HR Assistant, Payroll and Office Services team.
• Report building related matters to Building Management.
• Assist with research, analysis and implementation of programs, reports and a variety of projects as assigned.
• Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
• A passion for excellence in customer service delivery who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• 3- 5 years of progressive HR experience in a creative, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Degree in Human Resources or an equivalent college diploma/certificate.
• CHRP and Certified JHSC member will be an asset.
• Experience with People@Work, Payroll, and applicant tracking system (i.e. JobVite) is an asset.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office products.
• High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability.
• Professional demeanor in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive information.
• Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills, with a strong ability to multi-task.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills.
• Hard working and motivated self-starter.
• Team player with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
For all interested candidates, please state your salary expectation in your cover letter.
DEADLINE: Friday, October 19, 2018
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Universal Music Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.