Head Of Live
Universal Music GroupSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
Head of Live (South East Asia)
Job title: Head of Live, South East Asia
Responsible to: SEA General Manager & Vice President Global Live Events
Department: Universal Music Group International
Location of work: UMG Singapore Office
UMG Live events overview
UMG in SEA is working with artists of all genres within the pop, rock, urban, hip-hop, classical and jazz on recorded Music. Alongside releasing the content of our artists, we have local live operators, and/or partners in each country in the SEA territory. This enables us to create innovative, unique and bespoke performance opportunities for artists. We work with live in the aspects of 360 management deals, corporate or branded events, acting as booking agents or promoters. Our teams handle production aspects from initial concept through to implementation of the event. The live activities in UMG is worked in close relationship to our brands department at Universal Music Group and Brands. The approach for live activities changes by country, defined by the Managing Director and the local Head Of Live.
The Head of Live SEA works at the heart of the SEA region live activity. Taking full responsibility for overlooking the servicing of projects in all markets, the role requires a high level of organization and the ability to work under pressure. The newly created role shall connect with all markets in the region, working closely with the regional head, and report to Vice President Of Live Events. The Head of Live will be confronted with a diverse and challenging workload which offers a unique opportunity to be actively involved in all aspects of developing the business area in the region. The role requires high flexibilities for travels in the SEA region, and occasionally for international conferences and meetings. The main aspects of the role cover (but are not limited to) -
• Working closely with the local MDs and local live departments on developing the general live business and P&Ls.
• Help building the local teams to produce shows and tours across the region.
• Building 3-5 year business plans for the live activities in the region with International VP and regional GM.
• Liaising with promoters and venue representatives in collaboration with the local live team to build and expand the business.
• Liaise with the different stakeholders to actively build a network of contacts in the international and local live business.
• Liaising with promoters and venue representatives in collaboration with the local live team to arrange all logistical aspects of tours and shows.
• Overseeing the approval of contracts received from venues and promoters, and artist managers.
• Working closely with the local MDs and live departments on budgeting shows and tours.
• Develop work flow tools for contracts, touring sheets, show P&Ls etc.
• Overseeing all tax and fiscal aspects of projects such as applications for work permits, social security forms (A1), visas, etc.
• Responsibility to deliver and improve yearly budgets and forecasts.
• Keeping budgets up to date and within objectives.
• Overseeing live projects with promoters and venues to settle projects and tours.
• Finalizing budgets with local teams at the end of each project.
• Dealing with suppliers on regional basis to get better terms for our teams.
• Regularly update senior management on the progress of the tours and shows.
• Experience in arts administration
• Being a strong and precise presenter and communicator
• Experience in liaising closely and confidently with professional musicians, venue representatives and promoters.
• Experience in working on VIP logistical arrangements
• Proven experience of handling a large and varied work load under sometimes challenging conditions
• Experience in dealing with contracts for artistic events
• Confidence in using Microsoft office packages, especially excel
• A confident phone manner and eloquent writing style
• The ability to prioritize tasks and deal with a varied workload efficiently and effectively
• The ability to work both as part of a team and independently, using one’s own initiative when needed.
• Good knowledge of at least one language other than English
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.