Group Reporting Accountant
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Group Reporting Accountant
Responsible to: Group Reporting Controller
Department: Central Finance
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square
Purpose of Role
To deliver high quality statutory accounts for Universal UK recorded music, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
A key aspect of this is managing the audit process, ensuring high quality information i s provided to the auditors in a timely fashion , an d that their timelines and progress are monitor ed with our deadlines in mind.
The role will provide opportunities in other interesting areas, including legal entity rationalisation, acquisition and disposal accounting , and preparation of holding company management accounts and forecasts. These additional responsibilities involve engaging with different teams, and will require someone with strong communication skills, problem solving ability and willingness to take ownership of tasks.
Main r esponsibilities are :
• Ownership of the annual UK recorded music accounts preparation process, covering consolidated financial statements, audited and non-audited companies
• Key point of contact for external auditors throughout half year review, hard close audit, year-end audit, and statutory audits
• Key contact for internal auditors
• Key contact for UMG compliance team
• Preparation of holding company management accounts
• Liaising with UK tax department regarding UK group tax provision
• Involvement in accounting for UK acquisitions and disposals
• Driving forward with the ongoing process of legal entity reduction and rationalisation
• Liaising with numerous other departments to improve control environment and processes
• M aintaining K-Trinity accounting software
• Knowledge of technical processes within the SAP and Hyperion environments
• Ad hoc work as required – providing support to the Group Reporting Controller
• Q ualified ACCA/ACA
• Experience in preparing /reviewing statutory accounts under FRS 102
• Experience in preparing /reviewing consolidations
• Technically strong accountant
• Proactive approach and willingness to take ownership of tasks
• Problem solving and decision- m aking skills
• Strong Excel skills
• S ystems experience of SAP, HFM, Smartview , SAP BPC, SAP Analyser desirable
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.