Global Label and Project Manager -
Universal Music GroupLadbroke Grove, UK
Full Time Job
Global Label and Project Manager - (Urban)
Job title: Global Label and Project M anager - Urban
Responsible to: Head of International
Department: Caroline International
Location of work: Ladbroke Grove
Caroline is the label services division of Universal Music - offering individually tailored solutions on a global scale, including, but not limited to marketing, promotion, sales and distribution - assisting artists and labels to retain their independence whilst leveraging the strengths of a major label.
Working in conjunction with the Head Of International and local Label Managers & Product Managers , the global digital marketing and data team to build and develop global marketing , promotional and commercial plans for all relevant Caroline repertoires – direct signings and label d eals – and all deal types. It is expected that the majority of releases assigned to this role will be urban genre but not exclusively so.
Artist/Label Relationship Management :
• Provide leadership, advice and support to internal and external label partners in respect of their release schedule in the areas of sales, distribution, marketing and promotional plans as appropriate to their deal type .
• Provide a first-class knowledge of the music industry to support advice given.
• Oversee the release schedule process and ensure that all aspects of it are properly managed and scheduled in a timely manner.
• Responsible for stock forecasting, internal sales reporting, chart reports, ensuring chart eligibility of Caroline releases .
Project Management :
• Market assigned artists and labels on a global level .
• Create and implement release strategies .
• Attend planning and scheduling meetings .
• General problem solv ing for all aspects of releases.
• Forge strong working relationships with Labels, Artists, Artist Management, Marketing colleagues and Territori es in the Caroline structure, travel to oversee large promo events when necessary.
• Ensure timely delivery of assets from external partners, and internal delivery into supply chain, such that marketing timelines are met – preorders, instant grats etc go live on time .
• Monitor international programmes on key projects and provide regular detailed written reports on p rio rity projects as determined by Head Of International .
• To devise and direct a promotional strategy for artists to ensure maximised sales in line with marketing objectives .
• To work on own initiative to ensure all opportunities are maximised – identify artists labels in the Caroline system that merit marketing and promotional focus.
Person Specification :
E ssential :
• Passion for UK and US urban music
• Proven e xperience in a similar International, label management or digital role; ideally within Music Industry or Music Agency with a t rack record of liaising effectively with both Managers , Labels and Artists.
• Experience of working, influencing and persuading at all levels of an organ isation (upwards and downwards).
• The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the changing market .
• Flexible and able to prioritise own workload and self-motivated; h ard working and enthusiastic .
• Prepared to travel internationally as required .
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills , a bove average presentation skills .
• Team player with a flexible approach, willing to defer when appropriate .
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.