Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Finance Analyst position is responsible for various aspects of financial planning and analysis for an entertainment company, assisting in the preparation of forecast and actual results, performing project analyses and other ad hoc analyses as required. This position will support five labels within the East Coast Label Group.
• Support completion of the quarterly corporate financial forecasts, internal monthly forecast and annual plans, as well as support elements of monthly financial close.
• Support sales analysis lead via completion of monthly sales forecasting, expedite completion of weekly label reports for senior management, master licensing monthly analysis, and other research projects as required
• Analyze and approve third party deal statements
• Expected to enhance and modify models and maintain databases as needed.
• Handle frequent ad-hoc projects and analyses as assigned senior finance staff
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications software; SAP experience/knowledge preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office products including advance skills in Excel.
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on evolving workload.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines and rapidly evolving business environment.
• Minimum 1 year-experience in accounting/finance, preferably with an entertainment company.
• Degree qualified (specific to business, finance, financial consulting, or accounting) or equivalent experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.