Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking an accomplished executive assistant, who is an administrative professional, friendly/approachable, with extensive experience supporting senior executives. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet critical deadlines, and to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. This position will be an executive/personal assistant role. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company is essential. This role will represent the executive in a positive and professional manner and partner with the executive to help ensure the effectiveness of the function. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, creative and adaptable.
• Day-to-day management of the Executive’s schedule
• Interacting with senior corporate executives, staff, partners as well as artists and high-level visitors, in person, by telephone, or email
• Prepare internal and external communications in partnership with Publicity team (including preparation for media interviews, etc.)
• Read and route correspondence; draft responses and other documents as requested; manage email for the Executive and assist with music organization and distribution as needed
• Manage schedule by planning internal and external meetings, conferences, award presentations, teleconferences, and both business and family travel
• Prepare submission of expense claims on a timely basis
• Provide key administrative support for Executive’s civic and industry commitments
• Assist with personal projects, schedules, personal events, etc.
• Management of 1 Administrative Assistant
• Develop and demonstrate professional knowledge of the music business
• Ability to create efficiency through the use of technology and music-based systems
• Competency using Mac and PC and Microsoft Office (especially Outlook)
• Use organizational skills to manage office and time in fast-paced environment and anticipate critical events/President’s needs
• Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and senior level partners/artists
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage highly confidential information and to act calmly and professionally at all times
• Ability to exercise sound judgment at all times in fluid environment
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Travel Logistics
• Thorough project management of events (corporate & personal)
• Minimum 5 years executive assistant experience in entertainment, preferably music and/or music publishing
• Experience with Spotify, Pandora and other music-based systems
• Management experience of subordinate staff member
• BA or BS preferred
• Foreign language skills a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.