Events Manager & Assistant To GM Finance & Operations
Universal Music GroupWoolloomooloo, NS
Full Time Job
Passionate about music, customer service and/or office administration? Great! Excited about putting on the coolest events for internal/external clients? Us too! If you love all things events and have what it takes to juggle multiple administrative duties, please don’t stop reading here!
Universal Music is on the hunt for a superstar to take on the dual role of Events Manager and Assistant to our General Manager of Finance & Operations! The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative support and planning and execution of awesome events for our clients, visitors and internal departments.
WHERE is this amazing, one-of-a-kind opportunity based, you ask? Well, we don’t wanna brag, but our office is in the heart of Sydney and has million dollar Harbour views...
Here’s the gist -
• Manage UMA’s busy calendar of functions, events and activities across our office entertaining areas. Setup spaces as required including bumping furniture, catering, audio visual equipment etc.
• Assist the GM, Finance & Operations on all administrative duties including diary management, travel arrangements, mail distribution, filing, expenses and other personal tasks.
• Champion domestic travel bookings for all departments to ensure alignment with company policy. Harness relationship with supplier and assist with invoicing/purchase orders.
• Work closely with the wider Finance team on monthly reporting, credit card charges, coding and reconciliations.
• Contribute to new ideas, system improvements and work processes
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
The superstar profile -
• You have 2 years experience in administration and/or business support.
• You are a mastermind problem solver and superb self-starter.
• You have an impeccable eye for detail and outstanding organisation. Some may say you have OCD tendencies...
• You thrive off pressure and deadlines.
• You have proven customer service skills and will go above and beyond for internal and external contacts.
• You’re a Microsoft Office super user and also a nerd for learning new systems.
• You get along with all kinds of different people and suppliers.
• You’re not looking for a typical 9-5 job!
If the above sounds like you, and you have experience in relevant, transitioning industries, please follow the link to apply. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Us -
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Taylor Swift, Drake, Boy & Bear, Troye Sivan, Dean Lewis, Rolling Stones, Vera Blue, The Preatures, Florence The Machine, DJ Snake and Tame Impala – just to name a few!