Editorial and Socials Manager - Classics & Jazz
Universal Music GroupKensington, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Editorial and Socials Manager - Classics & Jazz
Responsible to: VP Classical Catalogue
Department: Global Classics & Jazz
Location of work: Kensington Village
Main purpose of role
UMG Global Classics and Jazz sits at the very heart of our worldwide classics and jazz music business, across the main repertoire sources within the company including Deutsche Grammophon, Decca, Verve and Blue Note and our markets around the entire globe. We are without question and on any measure the largest and most successful classical and jazz recorded music business in the world.
With strong understanding of their assets, and a sharp mind towards what drives consumers and markets across the globe, we develop innovative, creative, compelling and profitable products for the greatest classical and jazz labels in the world. These might range from a box set with a retail price of over £350 to a playlist accessed via access to a platform such as Spotify or Apple Music, and lots in between.
We are enjoying unprecedented levels of streaming growth as well as innovation in new digital channels, while continuing to run a successful physical business ranging across deluxe CD sets to vinyl special editions and much more in between. In that context we need to increase our ability to deliver digital marketing content for our markets and labels across our vast catalogue.
The main functions would be:
• Compose, create and execute social media strategies and create exciting, relevant and engaging digital content across internal and external websites, blogs and social media accounts, and diverse digital platforms with the aim of driving sales and listening of our broad catalogue of recordings across all formats and media
• Work with internal and external partners to plan and inspire campaigns for projects, releases, company events and artists, developing a classical and jazz-specific, globally-aware calendar helping us capitalise on the moment by taking advantage of anniversaries, media opportunities and moments in public life
• Work out what is working, when it works, why it works, what is not working, and be able to adapt a campaign accordingly
• Actively communicate with all the key players across our business to ensure awareness of what is being done, to coordinate activities and to engage our markets in utilising and supporting the various activities in this role
• You have an ability to write well, whether in longer form or more typically, in the compressed format required of effective social media work.
• You are wholly at ease around social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.
• You are passionate and knowledgeable about classical and jazz.
• You understand the value of tracking and analyzing campaigns; and you are flexible enough to know how campaigns sometimes need to change tack quickly.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.