E-Commerce Senior Manager
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: e-Commerce Senior Manager
Location of work: Kings Cross, London
Main purpose of role
This newly created role presents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious executive to join the world’s largest merchandise company, Bravado. With responsibility for driving the eCommerce activities of Bravado UK, delivering focused, profitable and innovative e-Commerce strategies that deliver to both top line and bottom line and drive incremental business for Bravado artists, in line with UMG eComm best practice and process.
As e-Commerce Senior Manager you’ll use your commercial and marketing experience to formulate & execute retail strategies to drive store awareness, traffic & conversions; whilst also enhancing the customer experience for Bravado’s artists and brands.
• Deliver commercially sound, Bravado e-Commerce strategies for UK signed Bravado artists.
• Day to day management of Bravado artist e-Commerce campaigns, delivering a solid e-Commerce retail plan across new stores and product releases.
• Work closely with internal Bravado teams, from Brand Management to Production, to execute artists e-Commerce campaigns that drive revenue whilst offering a good customer experience.
• Work closely with Bravado US team and Bravado VP of e-Commerce to ensure that e-Commerce stores and campaigns for US signed artists are delivered with ‘local’ UK stores.
• Work closely with UK e-Commerce team to ensure products are set up product pricing and spec, images sourced, and products are kept in stock to maximise sales potential.
• Work with UK e-Commerce Inventory & Logistics Manager to ensure products are kept in stock to maximise sales potential throughout product life.
• Day to day management of the eComm marketing of Bravado stores ensuring that CRM strategies are maximised and working with UK UMG labels and artist management to ensure promotion of stores.
• Identify new product ranges and opportunities for Bravado artists.
• Management of Bravado new store and product release schedule, keeping this updated with all the relevant information required for UMG eComm to launch stores and products and giving the group visibility.
• Manage ticketing offers alongside the RO/Label contact, fully integrating ticketing offers with the product release schedule.
• Manage album and merchandise campaigns with UK eComm team and wider label RO’s to ensure that Bravado product is launched where possible in line with physical album pre-orders.
• Work with the central e-CRM team and Label/RO Commercial and Marketing departments/contacts to ensure that e-Commerce initiatives are integrated into all marketing/CRM activities.
• Ensure marketing and digital strategies adequately drive traffic and awareness of the e-Commerce solution/web store to drive traffic and sales.
• Work with Bravado UK Finance and UMG UK Director of eComm on forecasting of revenue for stores. As required, work with other Bravado global eComm teams to co-ordinate eComm campaigns.
• Work with Commercial Affairs to ensure that Bravado UK artist campaigns are pushed out via this team to wider international markets.
• Delivering sales, stock, and profitability reporting to line and senior management teams when requested. Ensure campaigns are delivered effectively, monitored against KPIs and adjusted to maximise ROI accordingly.
• Manage relationships with key partners in the e-Commerce space, notably Bravado Brand Managers, UK eComm team (store managers and Operations team) and Bravado finance teams, Bravado production and artist managers.
• Full P&L ownership for Bravado UK eCommerce activities.
• Reporting of sales trends and store activity to Brand Managers and artist management.
• Be abreast of developments in the e-Commerce area, particularly with regard to other artist store offerings, but in addition, good retailing practice outside of the music industry.
• Commercial & analytical approach to business, focussed on delivering results in line with overall store targets.
• Strong eComm retail background, adept at new release product campaigns and merchandising artist webstores.
• Comprehensive understanding of digital and commercial opportunities.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across Bravado and UMG and across international territories.
• Ability to liaise with third parties, initiate and fulfil initiatives in a proactive manner.
• An interest in consumer insight and the impact on product offerings.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong track history of using CRM activity to drive e-Comm sales.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Ability to multitask & prioritise.
• Flexibility to work hours above the normal working hours if needed.
• Microsoft Excel & Photoshop.
• A real team player who can also work under their own initiative.
• Genuine interest in music and music industry.
• Experience of merchandising and live music structure
• Experience of eComm experiences as it relates to fashion brands.
• Experience/knowledge of record label process.
• E-commerce/Retail experience including fulfilment operations.
• Platform experience, ideally Magento 2 and wider platforms such as Shopify and Amazon Marketplace & FBA.
• Experience of eComm led product marketing strategies.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.