Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Island Publicity department handles Artist and Media relations in Print, Online and TV opportunities.
• Develop and manage strategic, engaging and attention-grabbing multi-platform PR campaigns for a range of artists with focus on Urban.
• Develop and continue to grow your existing connections with multi-platform media groups and providers, print and online journalists, influencers, etc.
• Pitch and secure national and regional exposure for emerging and high-profile artists via print, TV and online media
• High Level contacts at all music-relevant print publications, influential blogs, sites and bookers.
• Produce a weekly report for each frontline act on the label.
• Research and develop ideas for content generation, as well as seeding and submission of the content to relevant sources.
• Implement grassroots media and development campaigns for artists entering market place and/or in early career phase
• Write, create and distribute pitch letters, press releases, and media rollout campaigns
• Manage artists’ schedules and interviews; organized press tours for new album releases and tour launches
• Manage budget allocation and supervise vendor payment and invoicing for all publicity related costs
• Team player
• Have knowledge of music and online music culture.
• Coordinate special events including album release parties and showcases
• Manage guest lists for high-profile events; supervise red carpet arrivals at major press events including award shows and more.
• Excellent understanding of the US music landscape and culture with focus on Urban.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a proven and established PR network including high Level contacts at all music-relevant print publications, influential blogs, sites and bookers.
• Must have a passion and active interest in technology and emerging media.
• Passionate about music and knowledgeable about a variety of genres, acts and artists
• Excellent organizational and project / campaign management skills.
• Highly self-motivated, confident and tenacious with a significant drive to succeed.
• Ability to manage a large number of different projects simultaneously while working to strict deadlines & maintaining a high standard of attention to detail.
• A reliable team-player and leader who has passion and enthusiasm for their work.
• Ability to remain calm and work efficiently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
• Professional, proactive and flexible approach to work – which may include out of office working hours including weekends.
• Previous experience working in music PR.
• Experience in successfully controlling budgets.
• Experience in using in-house computer systems and packages including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.