Director Of Commercial
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies. We manage a diverse and expansive catalog spanning the entire history of recorded music and nearly every genre of music from such renowned record labels as Capitol, Interscope, Def Jam, Geffen, A&M, Motown, Island, and Virgin. The UMe catalog roster includes many of the most iconic and legendary artists of all time, including: The Beatles, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Eminem, Stevie Wonder, Nirvana, and Kanye West.
Universal Music Group is looking for a Director of Commerce to be a part of Universal Music Enterprises under their Commercial Marketing team who will deliver day-to-day partner management for evolving streaming services/DSPs and physical partners. Responsibilities include maximizing programming opportunities for streaming, and ownership campaigns for physical releases. Accountable for developing partner marketing campaigns and trade strategies to achieve the best market results for labels/artists/managers catalog and new releases. The role will work in tandem with the various departments and territories under the direction of the VP of Commerce.
What Bandmember Are You?
• Drive marketing and promotional initiatives with large streaming and physical accounts to maximize revenue and exposure for artists.
• Propose and execute marketing and platform campaigns with timely featured positioning and partner marketing support for UMe new releases, catalog, and other strategic initiatives.
• Develop strong relationships across multiple areas within the accounts, including content/editorial, product marketing, sponsorship, operations, reporting, and executive levels.
• Effectively communicate insight, analysis, and recommendations with accounts to improve our mutual businesses.
• Lead frequent partner calls and business presentations with the accounts and global counterparts.
• Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, and other account activities to internal departments, labels and artist management teams.
• Ability to solve operations, reporting, technology, and business issues to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Work closely with research and analytical teams on identifying market trends, gaining consumer insights, identifying marketing opportunities, and understanding consumer behavior.
How You Will Rock Your Role
• Ability to take broad campaign concepts and translate into partner specific initiatives that result in streams, sales, and impressions.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance priorities.
• Ability to understand operations, delivery processes, supply chain, and technology issues.
• Must be well versed in presenting to partners and senior level executives.
• Strong knowledge of marketing all configurations of music.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills, and follow through skills
• Comfortable managing internal department systems, and partner backend interfaces.
• Comfortable with managing multiple projects and accountabilities under an evolving environment.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Professionally represent UMe at artist shows and partner related events.
• Demonstrated experience in managing streaming and physical product configurations.
• Prior experience in account management and marketing content/intellectual properties.
• 5 years prior experience with digital service providers and physical partners.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.