Director, New Release Management
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Release Management Director is responsible for managing all Supply Chain processes pertaining to the New Release Life Cycle of Media product, from Item and BOM setup until the Finished Goods are available in the UMG Distribution Center(s) for fulfillment of sales orders. This role will require a balance of hands-on execution and prioritization of day to day work, analytics and planning as well as team management.
The Director provides oversight and direction to New Release resources within the team. This position is responsible for ensuring that all sales orders for all sales channels are effectively filled by Release Date and the following four weeks until the items are handed over to the UMG Catalog Inventory team to manage.
This position will also be responsible for monitoring and publishing daily, weekly and monthly reports showing Open PO quantities, inventory received, sales orders against and projected finished goods inventory positions.
Leadership and Supervision
• Supervision and ownership of Release Management resources assigned to the Director. Leadership, mentorship, and development of the team. Assign, supervise, and approve work as well as providing feedback and guidance as required.
• Will be responsible for overseeing New Release analyst(s)
• This will include reviewing purchase orders, ensuring timely new release milestone management, monitoring forecast accuracy (shipment and POS), educating and improving forecast methodology and inventory management capabilities
• Relationship management with labels. Will coordinate with label production leads on release strategy, purchase order quantity determination, BOM creation and end to end execution of releases.
• Determine inventory requirements for new release titles on a SKU level
• Track critical path milestones for new release titles and procure finished goods and raw materials based on agreed requirements
• Participate in key meetings pertaining to new release titles
NR Item Setup and Procurement
• Do all file maintenance, Item setup and Bill of Material (BOM) creation for NR items
• Create Purchase Orders (POs) for components and Finished Goods and place with Suppliers. Manage open POs to on- time and in-full delivery
• Manage, communicate and deliver each Release end to end in close collaboration with Label and UMG teams
Process & System Enhancement and Continuous Improvement
• Assist with the development of processes, system enhancements, and reports (e.g., Key Performance Indicators, statistical and trends reports) to facilitate execution of responsibilities
• Utilize key performance indicators to identify strengths
• Produce and distribute specific progress reports pertaining to Release Management
Leadership and Management Skills
• Proven ability to build and develop exceptional teams
• Effective at managing and delivering results
• Change management skills
Day to Day Operations
• Demonstrated ability to manage and execute day to day operational tasks and transactions
• Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress. Positive mindset, attitude and behavior
• Is a highly detail oriented individual
• Takes independent action and works autonomously
• Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
• General understanding of manufacturing and supply chain operations
• Embraces teamwork, shares ideas and methods to improve performance
Time Management Skills
• Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
• Can seamlessly manage multiple projects and priorities
• Develops well thought out action plans
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data and execute transactions driving real results
• Demonstrated skills and abilities to analyse and inventory data and make reasonable recommendations
• Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
• Required: English
• Any other language is an asset
• 5 years of experience preferred in a production planning & execution role with a particular emphasis on demand planning, production planning, purchasing, inventory planning, analysis, and modeling, of which 1-2 years managing an operations team
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel,PowerPoint, Word, etc.) as well as other ERP or Product Management and Procurement Systems
• Experience in consumer products, wholesale, retail, or manufacturing environment is preferred
• Supply Chain domain knowledge
• BA/BS in Operations, Supply Chain, Business or related field; or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We produce, distribute and promote the most acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment product to delight and entertain fans around the world. The specific group is responsible for managing the end to end Supply Chain to set up, manufacture and distribute time sensitive media product to a very demanding retail and consumer market.