Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Def Jam Recordings, a division of Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Marketing Director to be a part of the labels marketing pod structure located in New York City, NY who will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with our label departments and artists to develop marketing campaigns and strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the EVP, Marketing.
• Marketing Strategy: Work with our partners to create a strong marketing campaign that is engaging fans, raising visibility and driving commercial results.
• Project Management: Act as the marketing lead for specific projects and labels. This includes developing the overall marketing plan, budget and strategy for the campaign and then executing it.
• Marketing Plans: When not running a campaign, the candidate will be responsible for guiding our partners in creating well thought out and creative plans.
• Project Invoicing/budgeting: Work with finance and marketing partners to route PO and invoicing information
• Label Meetings: Be available for all label meetings to act as a sounding board and strategist.
• Weekly Updates: Create weekly updates for the team highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority releases. Also work with label partners to ensure they are consistently delivering concise updates.
• Label Relations: Available during negotiations as it relates to marketing strategy and label relations. This role is generally the first point of contact after a deal has been signed so that marketing plan development and marketing strategy can begin immediately to maximize timelines.
• Digital Marketing Strategy: Work with the digital department to ensure that our partners are creating creative, innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies.
• New Opportunities: Consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our partners. Also work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners’ profiles.
• Advanced level artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience in a consumer-focused 3 years’ experience in music industry marketing
• College degree preferred
• Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
• 5 Years Experience, Marketing Director / Product Manager
• Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you've worked on)
• Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
• Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
• Must have strong music industry relationships and vision to work with in house and 3rd party PR, Promo and online marketing teams
• Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
• Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful.
• Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
• Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.