Director - Marketing
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Marketing (HipHop/Soul)
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), the centralized catalog division of UMG, is seeking a Director of Urban Marketing in the Santa Monica, CA location. This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within UMe to product manage and market Urban music products. They will also work with external partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in campaigns. The role requires leadership and coordination to contribute to global Urban marketing efforts across multiple teams.
• Plan and execute product management and catalog marketing for Urban artists and releases across multiple labels within UMG.
• Work closely with artists and their representatives to define marketing objectives and oversee campaign execution.
• Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts from other teams at UMe including social, CRM, radio and commercial
• Coordinate marketing efforts with global teams, creating cohesive worldwide marketing initiatives.
• Manage the conception, communication and execution of Urban music consumerengagement marketing.
• Build, maintain and assess external marketing partnerships.
• Account for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to UMe activity.
• Product manager experience at a major or large independent label.
• Experience in Urban music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists.
• Immersion in the Urban media and marketing community with strong connections at brands, media outlets, and partners.
• Strong knowledge of the digital marketplace for music consumption.
• Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, audience engagement and analytics.
• Advertising / media planning experience.
• Proven ability to build and manage marketing partnerships.
• Excellent presentation, analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
• Creative, innovative, strategic understanding of marketing tactics and channels.
• Unquenchable passion for all things relating to Urban music.
• Proven strong leadership skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high-pressured environment.
• 6 years of experience in Urban music marketing and product management, ideally working with catalog artists.
• Bachelor’s preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.