Director, Human Resources
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership and counsel in the areas of Human Resources across Bravado. He/she will be responsible for driving key HR initiatives in areas like talent acquisition, performance management, change management, employee coaching, compensation planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, organizational effectiveness and employee communication. This role is the primary HR partner to senior business leaders for guidance and support regarding Human Resources within their organization.
• Builds, develops and maintain strong collaborative, consultative working relationships with management and employees across Bravado to deliver value-added HR services.
• Develops a detailed understanding of the client’s business –departments, jobs, structure, processes, financials.
• Addresses employee concerns and manages employee relations issues; counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, conduct investigations as applicable.
• Advises on organizational design and effectiveness; drive process improvement and resource alignment and implement necessary organizational change.
• Coaches employees on career development, goal setting, performance improvement.
• Partners with Talent Acquisition to manage recruitment, including developing job descriptions, advising on compensation, interviewing and advising hiring managers.
• Facilitates salary/bonus planning processes in alignment with business goals and deliverables.
• Operationalizes HR programs designed to enhance the culture, drive employee engagement and support business initiatives.
• Ensures effectiveness and efficiency of all elements of the employment lifecycle.
• Understanding of, and experience with, all core areas of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management, compensation, compliance)
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
• Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters
• Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
• Possess strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies
• Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
• Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to high standard of professional conduct
• Minimum 8 years of prior Human Resources Generalist experience, preferably in Music, Retail or Entertainment preferred.
• Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (fashion, music, online retailer) is a plus
• Strong knowledge of employment law and HR practice; multi-state experience preferred
• Experience practicing HR in a transformative business environment is a plus
• Proficient in MS Office (word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Visio and/or Org Plus experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a relevant field with HR related coursework
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Bravado is the merchandising company within Universal Music Group, home to the most iconic and influential labels & brands in music.
Bravado lives at the crossroads of music and fashion. We understand the power of smart merchandising, and we know how to create products that spark organic, emotional connections between fans and artists. With teams in 40 countries, we create a tailored approach for every project — from creating new spaces in the market to bringing an artist’s creative vision to life. Bravado is about building brands and legacies that live on, beyond the music.
Come join our Human Resources team in our NYC location, in the heart of Columbus circle and be part of a dynamic team fuelled by creativity, innovation and authenticity.