Digital Release Support Manager
Universal Music GroupKensington, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Digital Release Support Manager – EMEA
Reports To: Director – Digital Operations , EMEA
Department: Digital Operations
Location of work: West Kensington (Kings Cross Summer 2018)
The UMG ’s Digital Operations team globally facilitates the setup and delivery of digital product s to Universal’s commer cial digital business partners . The team works closely with, and supports , UMG’s labels to ensure the timely delivery o f metadata and assets using global digital supply chain systems and processes. The focus of this role is to work with the EMEA Operating C ompanies and labels to ensure they are aware of the relevant processes, timelines and best practices that facilitate the successful delivery of content to digital business partners.
The Digital Release Suppor t Manager works with EMEA labels and territories , to ensure the timely availability of label product on digital retail stores globally ; this individual will monitor from setup to delivery, investigate and resolve product issues ideally before delivery to Business Partners and where necessary, facilitate , track or fix issues in UMG’s global systems. The individual must be capable of assessing and understanding issues an d prioritising their resolution, as well as feeding back information to the label appropriately.
A key objective of the role will be to ensure that the digital products deliver ed to business partners meet a high quality (data and assets) consistently; as such, the individual is the key point of contact for internal company stakeholders regarding any issues pertaining to setup and delivery of digital releases.
The indivi dual will help to identify knowledge gaps , train and advise labels and territories on global digital release management , monitor source system due diligence and best practice and where applicable communicate changes to support new requi rements to the Digital Ops and t ech teams to enhance global systems .
• Key contact for EMEA labels & designated territories for thorough guidance with digital product set up and delivery to business partners globally .
• Able to confidently assist the label s with global release plan execution, including thorough knowledge of all Universal markets and relat ed digital product requirements and processes .
• He lping the label troubleshoot their digital releases, and to proactively identify any potential issues in advance of product entry into the global supply chain .
• End - to - end priority release m onitoring of digital products through the supply chain systems and processes until delivery to digital business partners .
• Awareness of new developments in the global supply chain, and to work with Digital Ops Training and Communications to ensure EMEA l abel Production staff are fully briefed when new features are launched .
• To have a tho rough knowledge of UMG’s global business partners and how they operate, and to be able to guide product set up by the labels accordingly.
• Communication and resolution of missing or incorrect data and assets , as well as change management of data and assets accordingly .
• Ability to insti l best practise with digital release management within the label s and territories , ensuring that produc t setup is optimum a nd to question with confidence where necessary. Ensure any relevant product takedowns are executed acco rdingly for catalogue management .
• Attend all relevant Digital Operations meetings, e nsuring collaboration and key learnings are shared throughout the group and in turn passed back into the labels.
• Manage the timely resolution of iTunes tickets in line with label and territory wishes where iTunes specifications are adhered to. Ensure that any urgent, ongoing issues are passed over to UMG’s iTunes Global Account manager at close of business and that tickets which contradict the iTunes specification are properly escalated internally .
• Provide technical and “best pra ctice” expertise regarding UMG’ s global digital supply chain processes and systems and be able to communicate these to the appropriate audience.
• Run and analyse any relevant reporting / KPI’s and feedback to Digital Operations on label / territory performance, helping to identify areas for improvement.
• Raise, prioritise and track any issues with Universal’s chosen issue tracking software and Service team.
• Support business critical issue resolution for key products , as well as timed releases, outside of core business hours if necessary
• Escalate any issues to Direc tor, Digital Operations appropriately .
• Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills .
• Excellent organisation and time-management skills .
• Experience working in digital supply chain and /or digital production / operations.
• Knowledge of key digital formats and digital distribution systems.
• Knowledge of the global music market and key global partners.
• Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to manage key data across multiple systems .
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, often regarding comple x issues with people at all levels
• Experience working with high profile digital projects and senior management
• Good IT skills: Microsoft Office Excel proficiency would be an advantage
• Solutions and results driven, conscientious, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion .
• Ability to identify improvements to current working methods and systems and implement change.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, and maintain a professional manner.
• Adaptability to manage work where necessary outside of office hours
• Educated to Bachelor ’ s Degree level.
• Minimum of 3 years of digital operational experience
• Good overall understanding of different roles throughout a recording company
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.