Digital Marketing Manager
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Digital Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Senior Director Digital & Business Development
Department: Digital, Virgin EMI
Location of work: Kings Cross
Virgin EMI Records is one of the largest and most prestigious record companies in the UK. From its humble roots as a London-based record store, the label has been at the forefront of musical disruption and innovation for 45 years – pop superstars to punk, new romantics to rave, grime to girl-power.
The digital team at Virgin EMI are responsible for delivering industry-leading digital marketing campaigns fo r our artists, with the aim of capturing attention and generating conversation, creating cultural moments and building long-term artist brands. Our work encompasses social media strategy, content creation, digital partnerships, influencer marketing, data insights, digital advertising and much, much more.
A s a Digital Marketing Manager for Virgin EMI you will be responsible for the conception and delivery of integrated digital marketing campaigns for your own roster of artists. You will already have a extensive knowledge and understanding of the key principles of digital marketing in the music industry, with proven experience of running your own campaigns.
• Digital campaign strategy, ideas and execution across our roster of artists.
• Audience insight and development strategy for each artist.
• Work alongside the Artist Creative Content team to create innovative assets and content.
• Integrate influencer and lifestyle marketing into all digital campaigns and maintain a good knowledge of key players and trends within this space.
• Executing promotional activations for our artists with various digital partners (social media platforms, publishers, tastemakers).
• Stay abreast of new technology and music trends and find opportunities to effectively work these into artist campaigns.
• Sourcing, briefing and overseeing external social media agencies for individual artists.
• Occasional social media reporting, social media calendars and social health-checks.
• Ensure CRM and data capture is sewn into all artist campaigns in and out of the release cycle.
• Oversee the briefing, build and maintenance of all artist digital touch points - official website, social networks, apps, mobile destinations etc.
• Deliver cross media opportunities working with other label departments - promo, commercial, brands, etc.
• Collaborating closely with marketing and creative teams on innovative and integrated digital advertising strategy.
• Build lasting relationships with artists and managers.
Essential skills :
• Must be fully immersed in popular culture and a digital native with keen understanding of current youth trends .
• Must have a full understanding and passion for the latest innovations and consumer trends in digital media and technology .
• Proven ability to integrate new digital deals/partnerships into everyday marketing and promotional planning .
• Experience of managing relationships with 3 rd party platforms and partners in order to secure high value profile for the roster .
• Able to use consumer data and research to identify new opportunities and approaches .
• Confident in commissioning bespoke content and tools for 3 rd party placement .
• Act as a company advocate for digital media principles .
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
• Good vibes and a positive attitude .
• A good knowledge and passion for commercial Pop, Urban and Electronic Music.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.