Digital Marketing Manager
Universal Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
The Digital Marketing Manager role will require you to oversee all aspects of an artist’s digital presence while creating and executing digital marketing campaigns and promotional plans across all areas online and overseeing influencer management and strategy. You will not only need to understand all digital technologies and platforms, but will be able to effectively communicate with artists, artist management teams, label executives and digital partners. Building relationships is root of what we do.
UMG Nashville consists of Capitol Records Nashville, EMI Records Nashville, MCA Nashville and Mercury Nashville. Together their roster of artists reads like a who’s who of Music Row stars, including Alan Jackson, Chris Stapleton, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, Carrie Underwood, George Strait, Eric Church, Brothers Osborne, Kacey Musgraves, Keith Urban, Kip Moore, Jon Pardi, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Shania Twain and Vince Gill.
The details of the job consist of, but are not limited to, the following aspects:
• Manage the development and execution of digital marketing plans for artist releases.
• Work cross-departmentally by helping coordinate online initiatives and promotions for your artists.
• Drive social media growth for all artists through increased engagement, activity, relevant content, and posts.
• Build and manage an artist’s owned audience by increasing data capture across all mediums; email, sms, cookies, etc.
• Develop targeted strategy for artists’ video channels.
• Maintain strong relationships with artist management and artists to be viewed as a resource for best practices and implementing digital marketing strategies for each new and developing act.
• Oversee the creation and day-to-day execution of all artist digital content and websites.
• Work as a liaison to third party marketing companies when applicable.
• Manage label partner relationships with accounts to maximize artists reach.
• Oversee and manage label influencers as well as influencer strategies to increase artist reach.
• Develop relationships with new marketing avenues to create partnerships and opportunities.
• Drive growth of label email list and all social media channels by implementing CRM campaigns and engaging content plans.
• Assist with the creation, build, and editing of online properties where applicable (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, official website and other sites appropriate to artists and label).
• Work with in-house & third-party content creators to conceptualize & complete lyric videos, portraits & live photos, 3D animations, short form content for social media, etc.
• Conceive, budget, and effectively execute digital paid media campaigns with Project Manager and Media Planners/Buyers.
• Actively participate in team meetings, discussions and planning activities.
• Assist in analyzing online promotions and campaign sales impacts, consumer trends, etc.
• Manage artist budgets and invoicing quarterly.
• Other duties and responsibilities needed.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs
• Basic Knowledge HTML and CSS
• Knowledge of photo editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Canva
• Manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Extremely detail oriented and organized and high degree of confidentiality
• Thrive professionally within a fast-paced, creative, deadline-driven environment
• Music industry or artist relation experience
• Minimum 2 years prior marketing experience required
• Degree in relevant field, and/or equivalent career experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.