Digital Data Analyst
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Digital Data Analyst
Responsible to: Digital Strategy Director
Department: UMUK Digital Media Agency ( FUSED)
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, London
Universal Music Group is looking for a Digital Data Analyst to oversee campaign architecture and design, measurement and data usage across a team of internal digital media planning & buying specialists. This team is located centrally within the Universal Music group; responsible for enhancing the marketing strategies, through media, of each of the labels.
The analyst role is crucial to the success of the internal digital media function, requiring the ideal candidate to be detail-oriented and analytical, with an in-depth insight into the ad technology marketplace, to support the team in their evolution of data driven planning and buying.
Universal Music has invested in both licenced and proprietary measurement platforms so candidates must be comfortable learning new technologies and adapting ways of working to new environments, and KPIs. Expertise across web based dashboards e.g. DataRama , DMPs, DSPs and analytics is also required.
Ideally candidates will be comfortable across the full spectrum of data analysis from acquisition, to cleansing, to exploration and visualisation.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Data analysis and strategy
• Work closely with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to help find the marketing story within the huge wealth of data we sit upon.
• Use data to solve our ongoing business challenges, outside of just media.
• Work alongside our central data science team to continuously stress test and evolve our current measurement frameworks.
• Work closely with the day to day team to ensure the successful interrogation and mapping of insight driven theories, to feed into longer term planning.
• Support the team in delivering robust media learnings through best practice in media implementation to deliver against theories.
• Maintain and develop the output of our reporting dashboard, driving forward how we present and share insights internally and globally.
Innovation in tools
• Develop current and new measurement tools with Universal Music data science team.
• Continue the development of existing media benchmarking to be able to audit our buying capabilities across all digital platforms.
• Build relationships with all media suppliers, focussing on Facebook, Amazon, Spotify and Google to develop our measurement output. Challenge the status quo and leverage relationships for betas and alphas.
• Be in all of the supplier reporting platforms and comfortable with multi touch attribution.
• Spend time with our programmatic trading team to develop new ways of extracting insights from our tech stack.
• Develop a thorough understanding of UMG’s first-party data, to continue the strategic development of how we use 1st party data across campaigns with a view to integrating this into our current best practises.
• Upskill Fused plus any other relevant teams on all measurement tactics and tools.
• Service Planning team and clients to help solve marketing challenges through data insights/results.
• Work closely with other centralised teams from CRM to Retail to Insights to Data Science to evolve our measurement models and ways of working.
• Collaborating with colleagues within UMG across data, analytics, media and technology, as well as external agencies / vendors to improve digital operations and performance.
• Spend time with each of the labels to educate and inspire marketing specialisms with data driven strategies.
• Liaise with UMG teams globally when required, supporting best practice data usage across all territories.
• A proven track record working on a digital marketing / analytics team within a fast paced environment.
• Analytical thinking abilities, with a problem solving mindset and knowledge of testing methodologies.
• Exposure to methods of digital data managementand keen understanding of the digital ecosystem and advertising technologies.
• Direct experience of working with analytics, DSP and DMP tools, as well as any digital performance measurement platforms.
• Self-starter, energetic, comfortable in a fast-paced, commercial and complex environment with ability to collate, analyse, present, execute and follow up.
• Ability to influence and challenge, and to work constructively with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
• Experience of cross-departmental collaboration to quickly identify and resolve campaign issues.
• Experience in advanced Excel.
• Excellent knowledge of the Google stack (360), data visualisation tools and web based dashboards.
• SQL basic knowledge (an ideal).
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the principle of diversity.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.