Creative Content Assistant
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Creative Content Assistant
Responsible to: Creative Content Manager
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square
Main purpose of the role:
UMC are looking for a n inventive and artistic Creative Content Executive t o work within the Audience Development team to provide digital content aimed at deepening the connection between artist and audience.
General / regular duties:
• Produce captivating digital content ideas which are relevant to audience s .
• D evelop and deliver thumb-stopping digital experiences .
• Supply the team with inspiration based on the latest cultural trends .
• Digital Knowledge
• Be aware of the latest creative possibilities offered by technology and platforms .
• Understand the content and format s which work best on each channel (ECRM/Social/ VOD/ Streaming/Website) .
• Proactively seek out and report on innovative mar keting channels, new platforms, content ideas, and general movements in the digital spac e .
• Content Production
• Own the creation of digital assets including mailers, banners, social content and immersive experiences to a variety of specs and for multiple platforms .
• Deliver lightweight video assets for YouTube, Instagram, Giphy etc .
• Design and build simple splash pages for artis t s .
• Comfortable with web and mobile specs /static jpgs/animated gifs and expandable flash banners .
• Lia i s e with audience development and marketing teams to ensure a consistent online visual identity for our artist and genre projects .
• Internal Collaboration
• Collaborate with UMC’s digital A&R team and other partners within the business to construct powerful and coherent storyscapes .
• Aptitude for technical tasks:
- Intermediate – Advanced Photoshop skills.
- Intermediate – Advanced HTML (Dreamweaver) skills.
- Excellent v ideo production editing skills.
- Experience working with InDesign.
- Knowledge of Flash and AfterEffects preferred.
- Experience maintaining social networking sites & streaming services .
• Highly organised with the abil ity to keep calm under pressure and manage multiple projects.
• Flexible and able to prioritise own workload.
• Excellent verba l and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels within the business.
• Hard working, enthusiastic and willing to work outside of work hours when necessary to ensure successful delivery.
• Self- motivated and p assionate about music.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
UMC is the label responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences and keep the world listening. From The Beatles to Massive Attack, through the soundtracks of Disney and new albums from legends such as The Specials, UMC develops strategies across audio, video, marketing, social, streaming and product development.The Audience Development team is at the heart of UMC’s work to grow bigger, more engaged global audiences for our artists and their catalogues. Developing long-term creative digital plans, informed by clear audience insights, to grow listening over time_