Creative Assistant, Publishing & A&R
Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
Full Time Job
DATE: October 3, 2018
POSITION: Creative Assistant, Publishing & A&R
REPORTING TO: Director, Creative/A&R, Music Publishing & V.P., A&R
In this creative, administrative support position, responsibilities include Publishing Administration and A&R Administration. The ideal candidate has a passion for music and songs with a demonstrated ability to be highly organized and can effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Publishing - Responsible for general publishing administration including:
• Processing Publishing advances/options payments and letters
• Semi-Annual Royalty Statements, payments and distribution
• Setting up new songwriters in relevant systems
• Managing writer queries, requests, and updates to profiles
• Maintaining running catalogue for our songwriters and updating when new works are delivered
• Registering new songs with the UMPG database for collection societies
• Processing all incoming sync / SODRAC and other royalty cheques
• Sync Reimbursements, Royalty Writer off-cycle payment and Flow Through payments
• Booking travel for songwriting trips
• Using Internal Systems; UMPG Works, Royalty Window, PREF, UniPort
• Tracking writers accounts and MDRC status
A&R - Responsible for general A&R administration including:
• Oversee all UMC domestic artist category submission for the JUNO Awards
• Manage the CARAS Member Delegate membership
• Set up all new domestic signing in relevant systems
• Uniport and Artist Travel back up
• Timesheets/Vacation Calendar
• New vendor setup
• Maintain and order departmental supplies
• Responsible for general Business Affairs support. Duties as assigned.
• A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• General knowledge of the recording and music publishing industry.
• Ability to thrive in a hectic and creative environment.
• Must have time management and multi tasking skills.
• Outgoing, positive personality with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
• Ability to take direction.
• Knowledge/background in licensing, performing rights and mechanical rights an asset.
For all interested candidates, please state your salary expectation in your cover letter.
DEADLINE: October 17, 2018
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Universal Music Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This job posting only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.