Copyright Administrator - Capitol Christian Music Group
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
The Song Administrator is responsible for communicating copyright data to external sources, tracking the statuses on CWR registrations, and claiming Capitol CMG Publishing’s songs in all settlements, portals and agents as necessary to monetize copyrights on behalf of our clients.
Job Functions :
• Review Acknowledge Files (ACKs) via the CWR system to ensure that songs are accurately and effectively registered with CCLI, HFA, the PROs and other third-party licensing agents.
• Maintain a database of administration agreements an d communicate those pertinent details to claim catalogs at CCLI, HFA, the PROs and other third-party licensing agents.
• Actively track Capitol CMG Publishing songs that are cut and released and communicate song activity with the administration team so uses can be licensed and monetized.
• Claim Capitol CMG’s copyrights in all settlements and available portals.
• Respond to Market Share requests from Billboard, and others as needed, confirming the songs and shares we represent.
• Manage the process of bi-annually registering released songs with the U.S. Copyright Office and filing urgent Copyright Office requests as needed.
• Compile and submit Live Performance Set-Lists and Cue Sheets bi-annually to the Performing Rights Organizations.
• Perform on-going data clean-up and data validation to ensure the quality and accuracy of the copyright data Capitol CMG Publishing sends out.
• Obtain and provide CCLI#s to the marketing and Church Resources team before releases are featured on our Worship Together and Brentwood Benson websites.
• Work with accounting staff to obtain royalty statements from sources where none are provided to ensure all royalties are processed, and update sources accordingly if royalties need to be returned.
• Research and resp ond to copyright disputes from A gents and publishers to substantiate or resolve claims.
• Answer copyright inquiries as they pertain to external registrations of our catalog.
• Provide general support and backup customer service on an as needed basis for Publishing Administration staff through catalog changes and acquisitions.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with key individuals and organizations affecting copyright administration.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of copyright administration and registration
• Extremely detail oriented is a must
• Highly organized and able to track large volumes of data with accuracy and efficiency
• Strong work ethic and problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with diplomacy
• Familiarity with the Christian music industry
• General knowledge of music publishing and/or intellectual properties
• Bachelor degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.