Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family. We are currently seeking a Publicity Coordinator to serve as key component of the team, acting as the administrative support point person for Interscope’s Publicity department.
The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative, organizational, and creative skills. Prior marketing or publicity and administrative experience in the music/entertainment field is required with a heavy emphasis in pop/rock.
• Provide support to senior members as well as regionals of the publicity team.
• Manage quarterly budget reservations, fund transfers, vendor installation, creating requisitions, facilitating PO approval, rushes, invoice troubleshooting, vendor relations, etc.
• Process and manage all incoming invoices and sponsorships; maintain up to date budget reports for each priority single
• Compile and submit vendor registration paperwork. Serve as point of contact between vendor and UMG Finance
• Create and update all one sheets, timelines, quote sheets, and any other project-related documents
• Create and maintain artist calendars -Collect and organize all artist assets (photos, artwork, logos, music, bio, etc.)
• Compile and submit all music for music releases and serve as contact person for MediaBase and Nielson Soundscan to encode
• Manage Interscope MediaBase account and compile/send reports to staff, artist management teams, vendors, and radio stations as needed.
• Manage and submit all concert/event ticket requests on behalf of the publicity team.
• Obtain and distribute concert tickets to regionals and radio stations
• Work with all regionals and radio stations for promotions, contests, artist appearances to ensure compliance
• Book travel for radio personnel, contest winners. Create and submit eTAs, manage RSVLT paperwork for each station to ensure compliance.
• Obtain necessary internal approvals on as needed basis with the finance and legal departments
• Coordinate travel for artists and publicity division team
• Draft agreements for music videos and independent contractors, as well as various authorization forms
• Submit and monitor art or video requests to completion for any marketing assets needed (invites, posters, pseudo videos, etc.)
• Conduct research, compile and analyze data, and create reports as requested
• Work with PMs and engage third party companies to create, price out, and manufacture any tools or campaigns needed for specific marketing initiatives (ex: promotional items) and oversee their delivery
• Assist with administrative and day to day basic duties including answering phones, maintaining calendars and coordinating meetings
• Record and distribute marketing meeting minutes / organize meetings, music listening sessions
• Any additional duties as assigned
• Strong administrative, organizational and creative skills
• Strong Computer skills: SEO, SEM, Social media, Online Advertising, YouTube, Google and Facebook Analytics, Digital Media savvy, General online marketing knowledge
• Ability to work under high pressure and speed
• Great social and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to keep information highly confidential
• 1-2 years of marketing/publicity and/or administrative experience in the music/entertainment business
• Label experience preferred
• College degree in Marketing, Business or Communications
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.