Coordinator, Film & TV Music Licensing
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Universal Music Publishing Film & TV licensing team is looking for a detail oriented, efficient individual for a manager position to work within our fast paced synchronization licensing department. The right candidate will have a general knowledge of music licensing and be able to multi task at a high level. Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to work mindfully within a team driven atmosphere. A strong passion for music is a must!
• Prepare and draft non-exclusive synchronization licenses for various media, including but not limited to television, film, live stage, merchandise, internet and other emerging technologies.
• Negotiate contract terms with licensees.
• Review, update, revise and amend existing contracts as needed.
• Assist with tracking license payments and coordinate with finance team on collections issues and questions.
• Research and provide solutions for questions and problems relating to finance, royalty or copyright departments or proprietary software applications.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure/deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
• Resolution-oriented with the ability to think and act independently.
• Knowledge of music industry and copyright issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently under general direction.
• 2-3 years of experience in the music licensing field.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.