Coordinator Executive and Innovation
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
We are looking for a Coordinator to
• provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer and an additional executive of Capitol Music Group
• provide operational support as instructed to the CMG Digital Strategy & Business Development Team
• based in Hollywood, CA.
The ideal candidate will come from Music or Entertainment. Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude and passion for the music industry are essential.
Administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer and 1 executive
• Primary Responsibilities
• Arrange meetings and conference calls via telephone and email
• Cover phone lines and manage/update calendars
• Coordinate and prioritize incoming verbal and email requests
• Book travel, accommodations, & car services
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
• Work closely with other executive assistants and occasionally cover their phonelines
• Manage the offices
• Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
• Proactively prepare the executives for meetings
• Greet meeting participants & arrange tours
• Order and set-up food service for meetings
• Promptly address any IT issues
• Handle administrative duties
• Process travel & entertainment expenses
• Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
• Archive and organize emails by topic and keep apprised of ongoing deals
• Create and maintain presentations and other projects as assigned
• Track vacation for salaried employees
• Order office supplies, make restaurant reservations, and approve expenses
Operational support to the CMG Digital Strategy & Business Development Team
• Primary Responsibilities
• Provide support across multiple projects and initiatives
• Organize meetings, collaboration sessions and various events
• Create presentations, process maps, training materials and other necessary documents
• Key process and onboarding initiatives
• Community and company culture initiatives
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products
• Knowledge of Office Services; mail room, conference rooms, reception, parking & security
• Minimum 2 years of experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality.
• Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred.
• Music or entertainment experience is highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.